Wearing glasses is beneficial to us as it helps in seeing clearly. If your eyes are too weak that you have to wear glasses every time and sometimes this thing becomes extremely irritating and you want to remove your glasses permanently. Lasik surgery is a kind of surgery that will help you get rid of glasses permanently. So in this article, we will help you to know all about Lasik surgery so that you could not be panic during this surgery. And this is the right platform for information about Lasik surgery.
Lasik is a type of refractive surgery in which your ophthalmologist uses a laser to cure vision problems caused by refractive errors. You have to face refractive errors when your eye is unable to refract (bend) light properly. LASIK stands for Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis. It is a popularly known surgery that rectifies the vision of those people who have nearsightedness or farsightedness or astigmatism. People get this surgery to get rid of glasses. To see clearly, light t rays travel through the cornea and lens. The cornea and lens refract the light so, it falls on the retina. When light is not focused on the retina as it should be, your vision gets blurred. With LASIK your doctor uses a laser to change the shape of the cornea. Lasik surgery corrects your refractive errors to make you able to see clearly. It may also reduce your need of eyeglasses and also removes the glasses successfully.
• Improve vision: - Lasik surgery helps in correcting refractive errors. It reduces the possibility of glasses or lenses and even it helps in removing the glasses permanently.
• Safety: - Although no procedure is entirely risk-free, LASIK surgery is safer than the other. This surgery is well known to all.
• Fast healing: - The healing time from Lasik surgery is about 24 to36 hours unless there is any complication arising from the placement of the flap. There is no need to wear any uncomfortable bandages. This means that you can go to your job with minimal downtime.
• No more glasses: - Lasik surgery helps you in removing glasses. After removing your glasses, you don’t need to buy expensive glasses and you can wear the fashionable glasses of your choice.
• Painless procedure: - your ophthalmologist puts some eye drops in your eyes to numb them. During the surgery, you feel no pain. If you feel something, it will be just pressure in your eyes. Therefore, Lasik surgery is extremely safe and painless.
1. Before surgery
Before performing the Lasik surgery, the ophthalmologist will go through the eye screening to make sure that you are a suitable person and your eyes are healthy to carry on the procedure. He will evaluate the size of the pupil, the shape and thickness of the cornea, refractive errors like myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism etc., moisture in your eyes and any other eye condition.
2. During Lasik surgery
Your doctor will give local anesthesia to numb your eyes and make you feel comfortable or he will give medication before surgery. Once your eyes are numbed your eyes will be accurately positioned under the laser and your eyes are kept open with the help of a lid speculum instrument. Your surgeon may use an ink marker to mark the eye cornea before creating a thin flap. Once the flip is created and painlessly peeled back, the surgeon will use a computer to adjust the laser as per your refractive need. Through this step, the corneal tissue is reshaped and with the help of a laser and the flap is put back in its place. This surgery takes 5-10 minutes for each eye.
3. After Lasik surgery
After Lasik surgery, your surgeon will ask you to rest a bit. Your eyes will temporarily become dry and your vision may be unclear for some time. But your doctor will prescribe you eye drops to prevent dryness, inflammation or infection.
A Centre of Excellence in Eye Care for 37 years, Bharti Eye Foundation was conceptualised and nurtured by Dr. S. Bharti in 1985. The hospital has been accredited for patient safety and quality of care by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) , a constituent Board of Quality Council of India. All super-speciality eye treatment services and investigations are available under one roof.
|Week-Days:||9am - 6pm|
Copyright © 2022 · All Rights Reserved Bharti Eye Foundation